Clinic Days: April 24-26 (4-6pm) – BJHS gym
Audition: May 3 (5:00pm) – BJHS Bandroom
Football Color Guard
- A Clinic Fee of $10 is required prior to tryouts for all individuals regardless of the outcome of auditions. This will help cover Judges Fees and other expenses.
- April 24-26th will include basic flag work (which could include drop spins, speed spins, stirs and tosses), body technique, and a short audition routine will be learned. No weapon work will be taught. All basics and the routine will be performed in groups on May 3rd for the audition.
- Results will be announced the evening of May 3rd via the BJHS band website. This audition is for football band only.
- Audition attire on May 3rd will be form fitting black pants (or capris) and a black top. Hair must be pulled back from the face. You may wear makeup, but it is not required.
- All individuals selected for membership in the Color Guard will be adjudicated by independent judges using a RUBRIC and must be able to demonstrate these essential elements which include, but are not limited to:
- Aerobic Conditioning
- Performing Skills
- Marching and Maneuvering
- Ability to Grasp Concepts
- If new to the color guard you MUST attend all audition days. Current color guard members must attend on April 26th and the audition on May 3rd. Please make plans to arrive on time and do not plan to leave early.
- A flag will be provided for you at the audition.
- No spectators will be allowed to watch any portion of the audition.
- All former members of the BJHS Color Guard must audition each year. Failure to attend auditions will result in removal from the color guard.
Mandatory team meeting and rehearsal: Thursday, May 10 (4-6pm) – BJHS Bandroom
Mandatory parent meeting: Thursday, May 10 (6:15pm) – BJHS Bandroom
Weapon Interest Meeting and rehearsal: Tuesday, May 15 (4-6pm) – BJHS Bandroom
If you’re interested in spinning weapon this rehearsal is required.
Competition Color Guard
- Competition guard will be selected no later than July 3rd.
- To be selected for competition band, you must attend The University of Alabama Spin Clinic (TBA) at Bob Jones.
- If you are not able to attend this clinic, a written note stating the reason you cannot attend and stating why you would like to be considered for Competition Guard must be provided to Brooke prior to the Spin Clinic Date.
- The Bob Jones Winter Guard is a select group of color guard members that competes in the Southeastern Color Guard Circuit during the spring semester
- Auditions are held in October
- Winter guard is an extracurricular ensemble and competes in several Saturday competitions during the spring semester