Drum Major Auditions – Thursday, March 29 (3:45-4:30pm)
Interviews (Winds, Guard, Dance, Percussion) – Thursday, May 10 (3:45-5:30pm)
The 2018 BJHS Marching Band Leadership Team will be chosen using several processes to determine qualification. Section leaders should complete their musical/performance audition, interview, and submit a leadership application. Drum major candidates should complete a music audition, interview, conducting audition, and 3 page paper on philosophy of leadership. Once chosen, the leadership will attend rookie camp (May 31-June 2) and the DCI Atlanta Regional July 28 as a part of leadership training.
- All leadership team members will be expected to help with instruction related to music, choreography, and marching.
- They are expected to conduct themselves professionally in person, in email correspondence, and on social media.
- They will treat all section members with respect and will refrain from any degrading or offensive language at all times.
- They will be responsible for conveying all information regarding uniforms, scheduling, practices, etc. to all section members through text message, email, and/or social media.
- They will consult the directors on every decision regarding their sections, extra rehearsals, problems with section members, etc.
- They will model appropriate rehearsal etiquette.
- They will NOT engage in any form of hazing, harassment, discrimination, or intimidation.
To Audition for Leadership (Drum Major candidates-skip to “Drum Major” section below):
- Complete 2018 Leadership application by Monday, May 7. Password is concurrent with all other audition passwords.
- Attend leadership interviews on Thursday, May 10 (3:45-5:30pm) in BJHS Bandroom.
To Audition for Drum Major:
- Download and prepare 2018 Drum Major Audition materials. Password is concurrent with all other audition passwords.
- Complete 2018 Leadership application by Wednesday, March 28. Password is concurrent with all other audition passwords.
- Complete conducting audition and interview on Thursday, March 29 (3:45-4:30pm) in the BJHS bandroom.
- Complete a 3 page, double-spaced philosophy of leadership paper to turn in when you interview prior to your conducting audition.
If you do not receive passwords via email or are a transfer student from another system, please fill out the contact form and passwords will be sent to you.
ALL COMPLETED FORMS ARE REQUIRED TO AUDITION.