Please complete the following information:
- Complete Online Registration. This form takes a few moments to load. Be patient. If you are a current Bob Jones Band 9th through 11th grader or a current Discovery band 8th grader, you will receive an email with the required password.
- Complete the Color Guard Band Contract 2019-2020.
Football Color Guard
- Auditions for the BJHS Football Color Guard will take place on April 16th-18th from 4:00-6:00pm with a final audition in front of judges on April 23rd at 5:30pm.
- A Clinic Fee of $10 is required prior to tryouts for all individuals regardless of the outcome of auditions. This will help cover Judges Fees and other expenses.
- April 16th-18th will include basic flag work (which could include drop spins, speed spins, stirs and tosses), body technique, and a short audition routine will be learned. No weapon work will be taught. All basics and the routine will be performed in groups on April 23rd for the audition.
- Results will be announced the evening of April 23rd via the BJHS band website. This audition is for football band only.
- Audition attire on April 23rd will be form fitting black pants (or capris) and a black top. Hair must be pulled back from the face. You may wear makeup, but it is not required.
- All individuals selected for membership in the Color Guard will be adjudicated by independent judges and must be able to demonstrate these essential elements which include, but are not limited to:
- Aerobic Conditioning
- Performing Skills
- Marching and Maneuvering
- Ability to Grasp Concepts
- Auditions will take place in the BJHS band room unless otherwise stated.
- You MUST attend all audition days. Please make plans to arrive on time and do not plan to leave early.
- A flag will be provided for you at the audition.
- No spectators will be allowed to watch any portion of the try-outs.
- All former members of the BJHS Color Guard must audition each year. Failure to attend auditions will result in removal from the color guard.
- There will be a required team meeting, rehearsal, and parent meeting on Thursday, May 2nd. The team meeting and rehearsal will be 4-6pm in the BJHS band room, followed by the parent meeting at 6:15pm also in the band room.
- There will be a weapon interest meeting and rehearsal on Tuesday, May 7th from 4-6pm in the BJHS band room. If you’re interested in spinning weapon this rehearsal is required.
Competition Color Guard
- Competition guard will be selected no later than June 27th. To be selected for competition band, you must attend the University of Alabama Spin Clinic, June 1st, at Bob Jones. If you are not able to attend this clinic, a written note stating the reason you cannot attend and stating why you would like to be considered for Competition Guard must be provided to Brooke prior to the Spin Clinic Date.