Audition Clinic: April 19-21 (4-6pm)
Location: BJHS gym
Audition: April 24 (5:30pm)- BJHS Bandroom
Please complete the following information:
- Complete Online Registration. This form takes a few moments to load. Be patient. If you are a current Bob Jones Band 9th through 11th grader or a current Discovery band 8th grader, you will receive an email with the required password.
- Complete the Color Guard Band Contract 2017-18.
Football Color Guard
- A Clinic Fee of $10 is required prior to tryouts for all individuals regardless of the outcome of auditions. This will help cover Judges Fees and other expenses.
- April 19-21st will include basic flag work (which could include drop spins, speed spins, stirs and tosses), body technique, and a short audition routine will be learned. No weapon work will be taught. All basics and the routine will be performed in groups on April 24th for the audition.
- Results will be announced the evening of April 24 via the BJHS band website. This audition is for football band only.
- Audition attire on April 24th will be form fitting black pants (or capris) and a black top. Hair must be pulled back from the face. You may wear makeup, but it is not required.
- All individuals selected for membership in the Color Guard will be adjudicated by independent judges using a RUBRIC and must be able to demonstrate these essential elements which include, but are not limited to:
- Aerobic Conditioning
- Performing Skills
- Marching and Maneuvering
- Ability to Grasp Concepts
- You MUST attend all audition days. Please make plans to arrive on time and do not plan to leave early.
- A flag will be provided for you at the audition.
- No spectators will be allowed to watch any portion of the try-outs.
- All former members of the BJHS Color Guard must audition each year. Failure to attend auditions will result in removal from the color guard.
Mandatory team meeting and rehearsal: Thursday, April 27 (4-6pm)- BJHS Bandroom
Mandatory parent meeting: Thursday, April 27 (6:15pm)- BJHS Bandroom
Weapon Interest Meeting and rehearsal: Tuesday, May 2 (4-6pm)- BJHS Bandroom
If you’re interested in spinning weapon this rehearsal is required.
Competition Color Guard
- Competition guard will be selected no later than June 27th. To be selected for competition band, you must attend the University of Alabama Spin Clinic, June 3rd, at Bob Jones. If you are not able to attend this clinic, a written note stating the reason you cannot attend and stating why you would like to be considered for Competition Guard must be provided to Brooke prior to the Spin Clinic Date.