First of all, I have to say, those of you who have already volunteered for concessions, chaperoning, equipment crew, uniforms, popsicles, you name it, have been incredible! Running out of water in the concession stand didn’t faze Gabi or anyone – they just went and bought more, and boy did they bring in the money! What an amazing group of people we have in this program! Thank you all for your participation. It’s so fun getting to know people and knowing the work is supporting such a great group of young people, isn’t it?
Please don’t forget the pansy sale! White, blue (purple), yellow and mixed flats are available for $16.00. To order yours, see anyone on dance team or contact Kathy Guest at 256-426-7247 or email@example.com.
It’s time to “re-up” with Kroger! They have revamped their give back program and the new campaign will begin September 1st. They need us to sign up again and give the following guidelines:
* Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
* Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy. Register your card with your organization after you sign up.
* If you don’t yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger. I will try to have some at the next booster meeting as well.
* Click on Sign In/Register
* If you are a new online customers, you must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
* Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
* You will then get a message to check your email in box and click on the link within the body of the email.
* Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
* Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
* Update or confirm your information.
* Enter NPO number (36158) or name of organization (Bob Jones Band Boosters), select organization from list and click on confirm.
* To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
* REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until September 1st AND until members register cards.
* Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
* Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
So far, we have had two restaurant spirit nights that have earned money for our band program. We’ll be having more throughout the year that will offer fellowship, good food and the opportunity to help local businesses AND our program. We may even have some prizes to offer along the way! You can find the dates for all of them on the website and charms calendars. We do not want to overwhelm anyone with all the “opportunities” but have made many available for each of you to pick and choose the ones that strike your fancy.
The next opportunity will be this coming Tuesday, September 2nd – the day after Labor Day, at BOTH LOCATIONS of Nothing But Noodles. They have graciously made their entire business day available to us and will give back a percentage of sales whether you go for lunch, dinner or a mid afternoon get together! Just tell them you’re with the Bob Jones Band!
We have some good news for students and families wanting a good place to go after the games Friday night. Stevie B’s will be staying open until midnight during football season! If this is a place you might like to spend your time after games, you may want to take advantage of the fundraising cards we have available for you to purchase. For your $10.00 purchase ($9.00 of which goes back to the band), you will get the following:
2 offers for 20 free game room tokens
Free Birthday Party Buffet – Birthday child eats free with any party package of 8 or more.
Free Medium Specialty Pizza with Purchase of a large pizza to go
2 offers for a free adult buffet with purchase of a drink 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Free large 1 topping pizza w/purchase of equal or greater value pizza
2 offers for Tokens – Buy $5.00 – Get $5.00 free
2 offers for a free kids’ buffet with purchase of a drink
Free Buffet Monday through Thursday
If you’d like to purchase a card, I’ll be in the band room today after rehearsal or you can catch me at the game Friday night too! You may also send the purchase info and money in an envelope, have your student put it in the booster box and I’ll get the card(s) back to him or her.
And finally – SCHWAN’S!
Catalogs are finally available in the band room. Those of you who have asked for one, should have them in hand soon! We have 32 days remaining for the bigger give back portion of this drive that will last an entire year. If you haven’t looked at what they have to offer, please go to https://www.schwans-cares.com/ and sign up for the Bob Jones Band – A year to enjoy Schwan’s. We’ve been told to be SURE everyone knows to order through this campaign and to use the number 13511 so we will get credit for each and every sale! Think my $9,000.00 goal was a little lofty? lol… We do have to make our uniform payment each year (this year and three more) until the entire $45,000. loan is paid in full, and I was hoping this would be our way of raising the DOUGH!
I’m sorry to be so long winded, but wanted to get all this out to each of you. Thank you for participating in these fund raisers and future opportunities you’ll be hearing about soon. Please be in touch if you have questions, want to help with fundraising or I can help you in ANY way.
fund raising chair